FREE ANTI-BULLYING CLASS
Who: 5th graders and up
When: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30-7:30pm
Where: Gypsum Rec Center
DID YOU KNOW?
- Every day in the United States, an estimated 150,000 kids miss school due to fear or intimidation.
- Bullying is one of the leading causes of low self-esteem in children.
- Only 15% of kids actually report acts of bullying.
- Children who are bullied spend a lot of time thinking up ways to avoid the trauma and have little energy left for learning.
- Children who bully continue these learned behaviors into adulthood and are at increased risk of bullying their own children, failing at interpersonal relationships, losing jobs, and ending up in jail. It’s easier to build healthy children than fix broken adults.
- Bystanders that observe the bullying either walk away, jump in as accomplices, or actively intervene and help the bullied child. All these options come at a price.
- Programs to prevent bullying and self-defense are also quite expensive for individuals – most martial arts gyms cost approximately $160 per month.