CALL FOR PRESENTERS - APPLY NOW
Connect, Collaborate, Create with a strong network of educators, organizations, and thought leaders to share information, gain expertise, and collectively build a roadmap to support the quality and sustainability of afterschool programming in our rural communities at the PwrHrs Rural Afterschool Conference.
We are looking specifically for rural afterschool leaders, educators, program staff, partners, or stakeholders who can share their experiences, best practices, and expertise in the following areas:
- Best Practices in rural afterschool, especially in integrating technology, STEM, 21st Century Learning Centers
- Gender empowerment in afterschool
- Family engagement and dual generation approaches
- The Fifth Day and its impact on rural afterschool
- Private and public partnership in rural communities
The Census, Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Research Service Rural-Urban Community Areas, USDA Business and Industry eligibility, population indicators, Departments of Education all provide various definitions on “what is rural.” Despite these definitions, rural still means different things to different people in different places and in different contexts. For this conference, rural is defined by you, the after-school practitioner, and your community.
- The deadline to submit abstracts is March 1, 2019.
- Submissions of interest will receive a call for further discussion by March 15, 2019.
- Session description input is due April 1, 2019.
- Photos and Bios are due April 15, 2019
- Presenters may have their registration waived if they bring a paying participant with them.